One of the world's leading manufacturers and distributors of cosmetics and perfumes is looking for Regional Lead Engineer/Developer.
- To lead the development of in-market initiatives and features.
- To build an agile local team capable of turning around regional technical requests with speed and with an emphasis on quality.
- To adapt global implementations for use within the market.
- To collaborate with global engineers, and architects to formulate the technical design of regional features based on established design patterns.
- To develop efficient code in accordance with the signed off design.
- To ensure that technical documentation for the region is kept up to date, comprehensive and accessible, and that there is active contribution and understanding of this documentation across the team.
- To actively provide coaching and mentorship to grow the technical skills within the regional technical team and thus the overall bench strength of the team, working with local agencies as required.
- To submit engineering requirements for projects/activity which is not led by the business such as enforcing technical best practices / clearing down technical debt etc.
- To monitor code produced by the team and ensure that CI environments are maintained in a green state.
- To increase the overall stability of code by writing defensively with particular emphasis on security and performance.
- To be aware of the performance of the sites and the relative performance compared to industry best practices & KPI goals.
- To guard the needs of the local team such that they have the right tools and processes in place, and are given work in a manner which allows them to succeed. If this is not met, to articulate the requirements back to the management team and prevent bad practise from creeping into workflows.
- To troubleshoot issues and provide root cause analysis.
- To maintain an outward looking perspective and import relevant insights and best practise into the business and critically cascade regional knowledge back to global teams.
- Technical background – an expert incorporating at least 6 years of technical development experience in web development technologies, with a thorough understanding of engineering principles and design patterns.
- Management experience, incorporating at least 2 years managing small technical teams of more than 3 people.
- Solution design experience, with demonstrable success in large scale projects, ideally of an E-commerce nature.
- Experience with object-oriented PHP, Perl and/or Java.
- Familiarity with Jenkins, GIT, AWS Cloud technologies, Atlassian suite tools.
- Understanding of devops principles and associated tooling.
- Understanding of Drupal theming system, ideally Drupal 7.
- Experience working in Agile development teams & working with Jira is preferred.
- Experience working on large scale, global projects is preferred.
- Positive, collaborative, & solution-oriented approach to building relationships & solving challenges. Pro-active approach to problem solving, actively seeking to grow your skills and knowledge.
- Fluency in both Russian and English, with the ability to translate complex technical matters between languages.
- Exciting opportunity to join the team of professionals and work in international company.
- Opportunities for further development and growth.
- Competitive salary with annual bonus and corporate benefits.
Send your CV on email@example.com